Monday, August 31, 2009









With summer ending quickly, I'm proud I managed to pull out a post for the month of August! Sal's pals have been very busy the last couple of weeks. We had the first ever Brother's in Blue Charity Bike Run. Our crowd was small but mighty! The roar of the bikes when they took off was pretty cool! Many of the bikers in attendance had never attended a Sal's Pals Event. We were able to generate awareness to a whole new group of future Sal's Pals! Once the bikers came back we began round two with a cornhole tournament. A band serenaded all of us as we watched as Ron and Jeremy win the first ever Sal's Pals Cornhole Tourny!
Yesterday proved to be a beautiful day for the 6th Annual Golf Outing. We had 34 teams out at Fallen Timbers. I'm proud to say that we had more women golfers this year than ever before. I spent most of my day at the 16th hole and more men than women hit the water...way to go ladies! Sal had a blast at his hole with my Dad. He called Rick every time someone used his shot, he was so excited! We also had a lot of gimmick holes this year. You either love them or you hate them! We get mixed reviews every year but the general consensus is that people enjoy them. The point of the golf outing is to have FUN and raise awareness and in looking at the golfers faces I think we accomplished both. Thanks to all the volunteers for your continued support. I feel like I am constantly thanking the same individuals, I hope all of you really do realize that Rick and I could not accomplish any of these events if it wasn't for your unfailing love, support and generosity.

No comments: